Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

EFD responds to Central Ave. call

May 27, 2013
Estherville Daily News

A grease fire caused the residents of a Central Avenue apartment house some inconvenience on Memorial Day.

According to Chief Dick Beaver, the Estherville Fire Department was called to a house fire at 920 Central Avenue around 2:50 p.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters found the apartment building full of smoke. All residents were outside.

Beaver said the smoke was due to a grease fire that started in the basement apartment. The fire had burned and heated a water pipe above it, causing it to burst and extinguishing the fire.

Firefighters checked to make sure the fire was out and evacuated the smoke.

The apartment was occupied by John McCain and the building is owned by Dean Gesche.

The Estherville Police Department, Emmet County Sheriff Department and Emmet County Emergency Management assisted at the scene. Firefighters were on scene about one hour.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web