Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS

City elections are Tuesday,?Nov. 5

Make sure you’re registered

October 26, 2013
Estherville News

The City Elections for Mayor and Councilmen will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013. Please contact the Emmet County Auditor's Office at 712-362-4261 for information on registering or to see if you are currently registered.

To have a ballot sent to you the following information must be provided in writing to the Auditor's Office:

n Name

n Date of Birth

n Address

n Address to mail the ballot to if different from home address

n Name and date of election for the ballot you are requesting

n Signature and Date

The information can be submitted on your own paper (3" X 5" or larger) or an official request form can be obtained from the Auditor's Office or on line at, Site Navigation, Auditor's Office and follow the links from there.

When the completed request is received in the Auditor's Office a ballot will be mailed to you. Absentee voting can also be done in person at the Auditor's Office in the Courthouse during regular office hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday) until 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 5.

You can also register and vote on Election Day. A current and valid picture ID and proof of residence is required. The best form of ID is a valid Iowa Driver's license with current address. If your license has an old address on it, you can use the license as proof of identity and use one of the following as proof of residence if it contains your name and current address: residential lease, property tax statement, utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government documents.

If you do not have an Iowa driver's license, you can provide another ID as long as it contains your photo and is current, valid and contains an expiration date.

If you do not have proof of residence and identity, a registered voter in your precinct can attest to the fact that you are who you say you are and that you live in the precinct you say you live in.

You will both be required to sign an oath.

In the event that none of the above is possible for you, you will still be allowed to vote a provisional ballot at your polling site and provide the necessary documentation to the Auditor's office in the days following the election.

If you have any questions concerning the City Elections, please stop at the Auditor's Office in the Courthouse or call 712-362-4261.



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web