Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

None injured in garage fire Friday

March 12, 2019
Amy H. Peterson - Staff Writer (apeterson@esthervillenews.net) , Estherville News

No one was injured in a garage fire early Friday morning.

According to Estherville Fire Chief Dick Beaver, firefighters were paged to the fire at 1309 N. Ninth St. in Estherville, just before 6 a.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters found the garage fully involved in fire.

Article Photos

"It did not get into the house, but the garage is pretty much a total loss," Beaver said. "It appears to have been caused by plugging a electric heater into a power strip."

The home is owned and occupied by the John Walz family. Firefighters were on scene two hours. The Estherville Fire Department was assisted by Estherville Ambulance, Wallingford Fire Department, and Estherville Police Department.

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web