Tuttle Lake Day June 26
Here it comes.
Tuttle Lake Day is just a week away. The annual event will be from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, June 26, at Okamanpedan State Park.
The event sponsored by the Okamanpedan Development Association, raises funds for improving the lake and its environment.
Scheduled activities include
1. Hot pork lunch will be held with serving starting at 11:30 a.m. Freewill offering.
2. A variety of kid’s games are scheduled throughout the day. Youth can enjoy face painting throughout the day and be involved in making animals out of balloons.
3. The Emmet County Soil and Water Conservation Board will have a learning farm exhibit. This exhibit shows how conservation affects the land and water quality. Seana Godbold, Tuttle Lake coordinator of Emmet County will be on hand to explain what is happening on the Iowa side of Tuttle Lake. Rich Perrine of the Martin County Soil and Water will have an exhibit explaining what is happening on the Minnesota side of the lake.
4. An array of prizes will be raffled and an auction will be held.
5. On each hour door prizes will be given.
6. The annual duck race will be held. Ducks will be sold the day of the event-42 for one duck and $5 for three ducks. Three cash prizes will be awarded to the winning ducks.
7. T-shirts, sweatshirts and hats will be available for purchase.
8. Memberships to ODA will be available-$20 for family and $15 for individuals.
Come to the Okamanpedan State Park for a grand old time. Enjoy and relive the old-time atmosphere of a pioneer picnic in the park.