Firefighters take care of trailer fire
The Estherville Fire Department responded to its third call within 24 hours Thursday afternoon.
After taking care of one grass fire around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, firefighters were called out to a second fire that turned out to be a controlled burn around 8 p.m.
On Thursday, firefighters reponsded to a trailer fire at 314 N. Eighth St. at 2:49 p.m.
According to fire chief Dick Beaver, the trailer belongs to David Spoo. Upon arrival, the burning trailer was melting the siding to Spoo’s garage and the neighbor’s house. The blaze was contained to the trailer and firefighters were on scene around 40 minutes. Beaver said the fire apparently started when stain rags spontaneously combusted. The fire department was assisted by the Estherville Police Department.